Two Penguins

My name is Megan. I have a husband, Nick, and we are the proud parents of two crazy dogs. We live in Kentucky, and we love it. I'm trying to bring style into our home one project at a time.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloweenie

Let’s just say that I’m very surprised I lived through this past weekend.  On Thursday I was already planning the naps I would be taking on Sunday afternoon, cuddled up on the couch in my sweats.  Now don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed myself immensely but it really took it out of me. 
Friday after a crappy day at work I rushed home to assemble my costume.  Originally 6 of us were going to go as Jersey Shore, but then one couple backed out.  They were going to be Pauly D and JWOWW, but they really weren’t right for those roles so my husband, N, and I took them on with gusto!  N wasn’t really up for being Pauly D but I convinced him and it ended up being so great! 
Our friend D and his girlfriend A went as The Situation and Snooki and they were absolute PERFECTION, I tell you!  Wait till you see the pictures…  On Friday not many people were dressed up when we went out so we were the center of attention.  People were amazed by us, they wanted to take our picture and we soaked it up!  I think we experienced for one night, 1/16th of what it’s like to be a celebrity and I now understand why celebrity could be an addiction.  People were screaming our “names” and staring at us like we really were famous… 

PA290310
I always knew that skanky shirt would come in handy
PA310329
Creepy stare and all..I think girls really thought he was The Sitch’
PA310322
Chewy loves Pauly D
Call me a skank if you want, but I had an absolute blast!  Halloween is the one day you can dress however you want and it was so great.
Saturday night was a whole ‘nother story.  The bars were packed OUT and even more people were screaming our names, taking pictures and staring. Every time I rounded a corner or busted through a crowd guys would say, “J WOWW!!!”.   But before all the madness that night, it was time for HOMECOMING!!!! 
It was my 2nd homecoming as an alumni and it was the best one yet.  I was entirely too hung over from the night before but some fresh air, hair of the dog and hash brown casserole perked me right up.  It was a perfect day outside and everyone looked so great all dressed up for the day.  My fave part of homecoming is always the clothes.  All the guys wear nice suits and all the girls wear great outfits, and of course everyone finds creative ways to work in the school colors red and black.  I just love to watch everyone in their outfits, scope out the jewelry and best of all, the shoes!  It’s a nice change from sweats and boring work wear..
PA300312
We looked so sharp.  His suit is perfectly tailored, my dress fit like a glove.
PA300317
PA300316
My friends Amara and Mere.  Isn’t Mere’s dress fabulous?
So that was our weekend in a nutshell.  I woke up Sunday morning after 12 hours of sleep to a sore throat and the sniffles.  It got worse yesterday and today I went home from work to sleep. It was fabulous because I feel like total and absolute crap.  I’m going to bed early and hopefully I will feel better tomorrow and even if I don’t, it’s too bad.  It’s the 3rd of he month..

xoxo

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home