Two Penguins

My name is Megan. I have a husband, Nick, and we are the proud parents of two crazy dogs. We live in Kentucky, and we love it. I'm trying to bring style into our home one project at a time.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Hello there...

So it's been a little while since I posted much of anything and I will now give you a full update..YAY!

So in the last few months I have celebated my first wedding anniversary with my sweet husband. He is such a wonderful man and I really don't know what I did to deserve such a great man in my life. It probably has a little to do with the fact that my dad is also a good man, who always showed my brother and I that it's ok to show emotion and love family deeply. With him as my exaple it was easy to let go and let God show me the perfect man for me. Anywho, we were pretty much broke on our anniversary so we just exchanged small gifts and ate our frozen wedding cake.

Another big thing that has happened is that I finally got a new job! Woohoo!! I am out of clothing retail and I haven't looked back! I got a job(I can't really tell you where b/c I could be fired for that) with a fantastic company. I took a pay cut, but to save my sanity I would have done anything. I work 8am-4pm M-F and I LOVE IT! I love having weekends off to spend at my cute house or hanging out with my husband. For example, this weekend we will spend at the lake with our friends, last weekend we had a party at our house, 4th of July I went to the lake with the fam, and the list goes on and on. My hubby still hasn't found a "regular" 9-5 type job but he makes great money where he is so it's hard for him to walk away from it, plus he's just so darn successful. I love him.

Currently we are in the middle of some drama with our living situation. We have a really cute house but it has it's issues(it's out in the county which i HATE, the neighborhood isn't the greatest, it's 2 stories, the roof leaks, blah blah blah..) plus it's pretty expensive. And since we're renting it's not worth it to throw that kind of money away. We tried to buy a house but didn't have enough credit, which I cried about. So we were almost homeless a week ago but we got it worked out. NOW, we're waiting to hear about this little house that is literally RIGHT NEXT to Nick's sister!!! It's so exciting!!! Their neighborhood is prime if you're looking to be in the city but have a huge lot and nice trees! I want it to work out so badly. It has everything we need(less rent, hardwood floors, one story, huge backyard mostly fenced in, and the list goes on). So hopefully it will work out for us.

Also, I bought a new car! My old one was a 1996 Honda Accord. It only had 2 doors and 150,000 miles on it. It was so beat up bc I never really cared to take care of it for the last couple of years. When I first got it I loved it and it was a great car but it just started falling apart. So now I have a beautiful 2007 Toyota Camry! She's beautiful.

That's all I've got for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home