Two Penguins

My name is Megan. I have a husband, Nick, and we are the proud parents of two crazy dogs. We live in Kentucky, and we love it. I'm trying to bring style into our home one project at a time.

Monday, August 24, 2009

I ♥ FALL!

So today it is a very lovely 75 degrees here in my neck of the woods and I am LOVING it. The last few days have been very mild, temperature wise and it is signaling the beginning of Autumn. There are many things I love about this time of year and so I've decided to make a list.
1. FALL FASHION
-I love all things fall in fashion. The colors are amazing, the fabrics are richer and above all else I adore boots. Be it booties, over the knee or or just mid calf -I love boots. I also enjoy having the option to wear pants again and this year I especially love plaid. This fall I will be experimenting with an edgier look, but in the grand scheme of things fall ALWAYS inspires me to be bold with my fashion choices. Just so you know, I WILL be purchasing a pair of grey suede over-the-knee boots this year.
I also very much enjoy dark nail colors, which seem so much more appropriate in the cooler months. Fall also means I can stop highlighting my hair and go for a more sophisticated deep brown. My husband looks forward to the change in hair color every autumn.
I could go on, but the intricacies of my love for fall fashion might bore.
2. THE ORCHARD
-Where I live there is a certain orchard that everyone goes to in the fall. I love going with my husband to get apple cider, take a hay ride, pet the animals, pick our own pumpkins and eat an apple dumpling. There is nothing I love more.
3. YANKEE CANDLE
-At no other time of year(well maybe Christmas) do I invest more in the Yankee Candle company than in the fall... I love their fall smells every year. This year my favorite so far has been Black Cat. It smells very strongly like patchouli, which my husband loves(we are hippies at heart). My other favorites include Pumpkin Pie, Autumn Leaves, Autumn Wreath and Almond Cookie. I use the tarts with a burner. I am buying another burner on Friday, seeing as how Fall scents are buy one get one 50% off :)
4. HALLOWEEN
-Love love love it. Who doesn't, really??
5. TAILGATING
-Since I am now Alumni I enjoy it that much more. Homecoming is the best! Plus, I love beer.
6. COOLER WEATHER
-Why not?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home