Two Penguins

My name is Megan. I have a husband, Nick, and we are the proud parents of two crazy dogs. We live in Kentucky, and we love it. I'm trying to bring style into our home one project at a time.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Day 8

So I've been doing P90X for 8 days now. The first three days I was so sore I could barely walk or lift my hand to my face. I think that's the secret though! I couldn't lift my hands to feed myself, LOL! But seriously, the workouts are intense. The most extreme so far has been Plyometrics. It was hard to get through it but I did it.

Today I did Kenpo X. It was difficult, but I found that my endurance is getting better everyday. And even when I felt like I wanted to stop I kept saying to myself, "YOU want this, so DO IT!" I know that might sound crazy but it's what gets me through my workouts.
The other thing that kept me from giving up was envisioning myself ACTUALLY kicking someone in the face. Particularly this bitch I work with. Seeing her face getting cracked by my foot made me hit that much harder. LOL! I don't have rage issues, do I? :)

I've also had tons of amazing support from my husband. He is wonderful and really pushes me to keep going. Everyday he tells me how proud he is of me.
I hear alot of people say, "Yea I tried P90X but I quit. It was too hard" and that makes me want to scream. IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE EASY. That's why they call it X.

I'm struggling a little with my weight, actually gaining 2 lbs since my start but I'm trying not to panic. The UPS man that delivers to my place of employment is currently my P90X buddy and we talk about it every day. He has reassured me that it's only because I'm gaining muscle and not because I'm getting fat. I can't help but worry though...
In the end I think I will be happy with the results.

Until next time!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home